I realised the other day that I didn’t have many savoury muffin recipes up on the blog. Better fix that!
This is a really easy savoury muffin and you can adapt the flavour of it to suits your tastes. They are egg free so great for those with egg allergies. Because they are egg free the texture is slightly different to a normal muffin. You can certainly add two eggs to this recipe is you want more of a muffin crumb to these.
I use and sell YIAH so I have used a Country Chive and Onion dip mix to flavour these muffins however the instructions give you quantities of store bought dried chives and garlic.
Other flavours you could use:
- Spinach and feta
- Sun-dried tomato and basil
- Roasted capsicum and herbs
- Spring onion and garlic
- Cheese and bacon
These muffins are freezable. Simply take out and thaw.
Simply mix in a large bowl with wooden spoon.
- 1 x 400g can of creamed corn
- 1 can of self raising flour, use the above emptied can
- 1 can of milk of choice
- 3/4 can grated cheese
- 1/4 can of chopped ham or bacon
- 10g olive oil or 20g melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of chopped chives or dried, optional
- 1/2 tablespoon dried onion flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line muffin trays with muffin cases.
- Put all ingredients into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 5 until just combined.
- Fill each case 3/4 of the way with mixture.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes until cooked through.
- You can add extra flavours if desired.
- Because they are egg free the texture is slightly different to a normal muffin. You can certainly add two eggs to this recipe is you want more of a muffin crumb to these.