You may know these as almond macaroons but in our house we call them almond buttons. They are quite similar in taste to sugared almonds with a crunchy texture.
I serve them with a slight drizzle of chocolate over the top but you can leave this off.
A food processor works just as well. If you do not have one, simply use ground almonds in place of the whole almonds. Use a wooden spoon and bowl to combine the mixture.
- 145g whole almonds, skin on
- 80g sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 50g melted dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add almonds and sugar to bowl.
- Blitz on speed 9 for 20 seconds.
- Add egg white and blitz on speed 5 to combine.
- Roll into 30 small balls.
- Press down slightly and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Once cooled, drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Store in an airtight container for 5-7 days.