My partner loves the little apricot pieces you can buy at the supermarket. Pity they cost a billion dollars for a tiny packet!
There would be lots of recipes around for these. Everyone would have their own versions. I made these up yesterday and they were a hit. They don’t taste exactly like the store bought ones and I’ve obviously changed the shape but they passed the test.
I got 28 balls from this mix. I worked out the cost would be approximately $1.80 For the batch – much cheaper than a billion dollars!!!
- 200g dried apricots
- 200g dessicated coconut
- 1 teaspoon honey, optional
- Additional coconut to roll them in or coating of choice
- Soak apricots in cold water for about 2 hours. This makes them nice and soft (Thank you to my friend Michelle for that tip!).
- Drain off all water, rinse and pop into bowl.
- Add coconut and honey.
- Blitz slowly up to speed 7 for approximately 30 secs.
- You want a nice dough to form and be able to roll a ball in your hands.
- Blitz a little longer if the dough is dry.
- Roll into small bite size balls and roll in coconut.
- I keep mine in a jar in the fridge.