Yesterday I posted my Apricot Bites which were very popular. Why not make a bar form? Simply cut slice into 10 – 12 bars. Flatten the mix more and you will get more bars from it. Even doubling the recipe it is only a few cents more then the generic store bought variety.
These are always a hit with kids and perfect for the lunchbox.
- Store bought version: 480g for $4.25 – 24 generic brand bars.
- TRTLMT version*: Approx 450g for $2.16 (Apricots $1.30, Dates $0.24 , Coconut $0.62) – 10 to 12 bars.
* Each brand will differ in cost slightly. Buying bulk will reduce the cost.
- Store bought mixed fruit sticks version: Sugar, Mixed Dried Fruit (25%)*[Apricot, pear, pineapple, sultana, preservative (220 contains sulphites)], Glucose Syrup (from Maize), Maltodextrin (from Maize), Coconut, Milk Solids Non Fat, Corn Starch, Orange Juice, Raspberry Juice, Strawberry Juice, Vegetable Oil (Palm), Food Acid (Citric Acid), Natural flavours, Natural Colours (120, 160b). * Mixed Dried Fruit may vary with seasonal availability. CONTAINS: MILK AND SULPHITES. Taken from Coles Online.
- TRTLMT version*: Apricots, Dates and Coconut.
*Do check the packaging of your dried fruit and coconut as some brands do have preservatives added to them.