Lets see how this blog works and post our first recipe!
I made some apricot jam the other day and instead of it being a nice thick jam it turned out a little too thin. It was more of a thick sauce. I decided to turn these into something else – muffins!
I have frozen these ready for the school lunchboxes next month.
I have added sugar to these as well as the jam as the jam wasn’t very sweet. If your jam is sweet you may find you don’t need much or any additional sugar.
Other ideas for runny jam:
- Stir through softened ice cream and refreeze for a swirl ice cream.
- Sauce over ice cream.
- Sauce for pancakes.
- In cakes or puddings.
- Through yoghurt.
Apricot Jam Muffins
- 350g self raising flour
- 80g butter
- 300g milk
- 80g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200g apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line 18 hole muffin tin with patty cases. Add flour and butter to bowl.
- Blitz on speed 6 until worked in together and resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Blitz on speed 5 until just combined. You don't want to over work the mixture.
- I scrape down the sides with the spatula once pulling the jug off the machine and mix and last little bits in by hand. You can scrape and blitz again briefly if preferred.
- Place muffin mixture in to cases. Only fill 3/4 the way up.
- Bake for 18 mins or until golden.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/