This recipe belongs to my beautiful best friend and has been a favourite of mine for many years.
It’s normally a stove top dish but she recently tried it in her Bellini and tonight I tried it in the tmx. I do prefer it done on the stovetop but the tmx version is very nice as well.
This can be served on rice instead of pasta if you prefer.
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 10g oil
- 300g chicken breast, more if you wish
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced into small pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon veggie stock paste
- 400g cream of asparagus soup
- 80g sour cream
- 400g pasta of choice
- Cook pasta according to packet. You can cook the sauce first, place into an insulated server and then cook pasta in the tmx.
- Place onion and garlic into bowl. Blitz on speed 8 for 5 seconds. Scrape down.
- Add oil and cook on steaming temp, speed 1 for 2 minutes.
- Insert whisk attachment.
- Add chicken and asparagus. Cook on steaming temp, reverse, softest speed for 5 minutes
- Add soup and stock.
- Cook on steaming temp, reverse, softest speed for 15 minutes.
- Add sour cream and pepper. Cook on steaming temp, reverse, softest speed for 5 minutes.
- Serve over pasta.
- Those with a Thermomix will know their steaming attachment as a Varoma. Other machines will know it as the steamer.
- Those with a Thermomix will know their steaming temperature as Varoma temperature. Other machines will know it as the steaming or ST temperature.
- You may know your whisk attachment as the "butterfly attachment".