Oh goodness these are delicious! I love the hidden veggies in these too. You can vary what vegetables you use. I use whatever is in the fridge. They taste just as good without bacon too for a vegetarian option.
They can be frozen after baking and thawed. These are great warm or cold for kiddies lunchboxes.
Edited: Opps! Please ignore the spelling error in photo. I blame baby brain and sleep deprivation! 🙂
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 1 potato
- 1 onion or 5 spring onions
- A few sprigs of parsley
- 6 slices of short cut bacon, diced (or chopped in tmx)
- 150g grated cheese
- 20g milk
- 2 egg
- 180g self raising flour
- 1 tabs stock paste concentrate
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place vegetables, spring onions and parsley in bowl.
- Blitz on speed 9 for 4 secs. You want the vegetables to be fine but have some texture to them. You don't want pureed vegetables.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Blitz on speed 5 for 5-8 secs or until just combined. If the mixture is too dry add a little more milk.
- Spoon heaped teaspoons of mixture on to baking trays. This makes 30 bites.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until slightly golden on top.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Vary the vegetables to suit your tastes.