These also make nice rissoles to go with some steam veg and potato bake in winter or salad in summer.
These are great to keep in the freezer for a quick dinner or lunch.
You can use these in wraps, buns or even lettuce cups for a healthier option:
Beef and Brown Rice Burgers
- 500g good quality beef mince, or mince of choice
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 1 carrot, chopped roughly
- 1 packet of French onion soup mix
- 1.5 cups of pre cooked brown rice
- 1 egg
- Bread rolls or bread
- Toppings of choice
- Place garlic and carrot into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 8 until fine.
- Scrape down.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix on speed 5 until just combined. If its not combining turn the speed up a little.
- Shape into 8 burgers.
- I let these sit in the fridge for a few hours if I have time before cooking to avoid any falling apart.
- Fry in a frying pan or on the BBQ on a medium heat until cooked through. It took me about 10 mins today.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Place on a bun/bread with toppings of choice.
- Today we had spinach, shaved carrot, cheese and sun dried tomato tepenade.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/