Ok so it isn’ t a traditional caramel popcorn but my kiddies love it none the less and its a nice change from plain popcorn or the Cheesy Popcorn I sometimes make them. It is my cheats caramel popcorn. Shhhh. They will never know.
This is so easy you really don’t need to do this in a tmx. The microwave or stove works just as well. Simply melt the vanilla, honey and peanut butter and stir through the popcorn.
Its so quick and easy, why not get the kiddies involved?
- 6 cups of popcorn (1/2 a cup of popcorn kernals will yield approximately 6 cups once popped)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 50g honey
- 100g smooth peanut butter
- Place popcorn into a big bowl.
- Place vanilla, honey and peanut butter in to tmx bowl.
- Melt on speed 2, at 80 degrees for 4 minutes
- If it is not smooth and combined, continue to melt a little longer.
- Pour mixture over popcorn and stir quickly to avoid the popcorn going soggy. It doesn't have to be completely even. Just keep mixing until you get a nice coating over all the popcorn pieces. Some may be covered really well and other pieces not.
- This is best made before serving but will last a day in the bowl and covered.