Originally posted to our Facebook page 31st October 2013.
I forgot how good these taste. I made a batch of these for my sons teachers along with some other baked goods as a thank you present as its last week at child care and after school care this week.
These are great as a gift and for Christmas gifts. Vary the flavours of chocolate you use. Peppermint works really well.
They taste soooooooo good!!! For something so simple they are very tasty. Try them. You will thank me for it.
- 250g scotch finger biscuits, roughly broken up
- 200-220g caramello or rolo chocolate block
- 395g condensed milk
- 100g desiccated coconut
- Sprinkles/Coconut/Cocoa to roll in
- Place biscuits into bowl. Blitz on speed 9 for 5 secs. You want these to be slightly coarse.
- Add coconut. Blitz on speed 3 for 5 secs.
- Remove from bowl and set aside.
- Place condensed milk and chocolate into the bowl.
- Cook at 50 degrees, speed 4 for 5 minutes or until melted and combined. I used warm condensed milk that I had just made so it took less than a minute.
- Add crumbs to the bowl.
- Blitz on speed 7 for 20 secs or until combined.
- You can pour this straight into a lined lamington tin for a slice or you can roll into balls. This mixture is sticky so if you want to roll balls let the mix stand for 30-45 mins to firm up then roll them into balls and then sprinkles. If the mixture sinks and doesn’t keep its ball shape you will need to let it stand a little longer.
- This makes approximately 40 balls depending on the size you roll them.
- Vary the chocolate you use. Peppermint works really well.