Making your own pasta sauce is so easy. It really is a matter of chuck it all in and let it cook away.
I love this one as I pack a lot of vegetables into it so perfect for the kiddies. I often purée this though so they can’t see all the veg.
Use it with mince, over meatballs, with pasta/zoodles and a little cheese, on your chicken parmigiana, pizza sauce… The list is endless.
I make a double batch and freeze into portions. You can bottle it in jars and vacuum seal if preferred.
Cheats Veggie Sauce
- 400g diced tinned tomatoes
- 300g tomato supreme
- 1/2 capsicum, chopped roughly
- 1 tablespoon veggie stock concentrate
- 2 carrots, chopped roughly
- 50g water
- 20g baby spinach
- 2 onions, chopped roughly
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 30g basil, fresh
- 30g parsley, fresh
- Oil, a drizzle
- Salt and pepper
- Place vegetables and herbs into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 8 until desired consistency is achieved. I like them fine.
- Add oil.
- Cook 100 degrees, speed 2 for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook at 100 degrees, reverse, speed 2 for 18 minutes.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/