We are off to a BBQ with family tonight. I have my Cheesy Herb Pull Apart ready to bake once there, lemon chermoula marinated chicken and a violet crumble cheesecake to take along thanks to the tmx.
This is a great twist on the Herb and Garlic Pull Apart.
Cheesy Herb Pull Apart
Great for a BBQ or side to soup.
- 450g lukewarm water
- 750g bakers flour
- 3 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 teaspoons of bread improver, optional
- 200g cubed cheese of choice
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- A few sprigs each of basil and parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the ingredients in this order: water, yeast, flour, salt.
- Blitz on speed 7 for 10 seconds to roughly combine.
- Lock lid and use the kneading function for 6 mins.
- Remove dough and place into a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with cling film and place into a warm spot. I use the front seat of my car or a warmed oven.
- Leave this to rise for approximately an hour or until doubled.
- Place all filling ingredients into the bowl. Blitz on speed 6 for 5-7 secs. Don't be worried if there are still larger chunks of cheese as it cooks down. Blitz finer if preferred however.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Lightly grease a spring form tin.
- Roll the risen dough out into a large rectangle approximately 1cm thickness.
- Top with cheese and herb mix. Don't be shy to use your hands. It's a great way to get a nice even layer.
- Cut into about 6-6 strips.
- Concertina the strips in your well oiled baking dish and leave to rise for 15-30 minutes just for it to grow a little bigger.
- Bake at 180 degrees for approximately 40-45 minutes. You may need a little longer.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/