Another baby food to add to the list!
What I like about this one is it’s versatile and suits babies over 6 months right up to toddlers. You could serve it as a meal on some rice, mash or pasta for the bigger people in your life but it will require more seasoning. I wouldn’t say this is bland as such but I tame down the flavours in the food I make for Mr 7 month old.
This makes 9 meal size pots. I freeze them until needed. Simply thaw and heat in the microwave.
Chicken and Veggie Casserole
A great first chicken meal for baby.
- 1 small chicken breast, cubed
- 50g leek, chopped
- A little drizzle of olive oil or butter
- 280g pumpkin, skin removed and diced
- 125g baby corn or corn kernels
- 80g carrot, roughly chopped
- 400mls of water
- 1/2 tablespoon salt reduced vegetable stock concentrate
- Place leek into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 7 for 5 seconds.
- Add a drizzle of oil.
- Cook at 100 degrees, speed 2 for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining veggies.
- Blitz on speed 9 for 4-6 seconds.
- Add chicken, stock and water.
- Cook at 100 degrees, speed 2 for 20 minutes. If you are wanting to serve this chunkier use the reverse function. Serve as is.
- For a puree: Once cooked, blitz on speed 10 for 20-30 seconds.
- I store this in individual pots in the freezer.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/