Originally posted on out Facebook page 6th December 2013.
Im not a huge risotto fan but this was yummy. I love asparagus!
Chicken and Asparagus Risotto
- 2 large cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 leek, roughly chopped (onion could be used instead)
- 6 slices short cut bacon, diced
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced
- 10g olive oil
- 380g arborio rice
- 1.2 litre of liquid chicken stock (or 1 litre and 200mls water)
- 1 bunch of asparagus, sliced into rounds
- Cracked pepper
- Parmesan cheese, for garnishing
- Place leek and garlic into bowl. Blitz on speed 9 for 5 secs. Scrape down.
- Attach whisk attachment.
- Add oil, bacon and chicken and cook at 100 degrees, reverse, speed 1 for 5 minutes.
- Add rice and liquid.
- Cook at 100 degrees, reverse, speed 1 for 18-20 minutes.
- In the last 10 minutes add pepper and asparagus.
- Serve with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/