This has been a favourite of mine for over 8 years when a lovely friend shared her version of this with me. A few tweaks later and this is a regular.
Don’t let the sour cream scare you. I hated sour cream before tasting this dish. You can switch it for the Philadelphia Cream for Cooking if you prefer that or Creme Friache. The flavour isn’t as nice but still tasty.
You can also bulk this up with veggies. Peas, corn and broccoli work well.
I also use the chicken mix in puff pastry and make into parcels. Everyone who I’ve made them for LOVES them. This is my signature dish.
- 400g dry pasta of choice
- 2 chicken breasts
- 6 pieces of shortcut bacon, diced
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 10g olive oil
- 1/2 tabs "season all" seasoning
- 300g sour cream
- 50g grated cheese
- Pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to packet.
- Cut up chicken into 2cm x 2cm size pieces and coat in season all.
- Place leek and garlic into bowl. Blitz on speed 9 for 5 secs. Scrape down.
- Add bacon and oil and cook at 100 degrees, speed 2 for 5 minutes.
- Attach whisk attachment.
- Add chicken and cook at 100 degrees, reverse, speed 2 for 5 minutes.
- Open lid and scrape the chicken off the whisk attachment and scrape down the bowl. Keep the whisk attachment in.
- Add sour cream. Cook at 100 degrees, reverse, speed 2 for 15 minutes. In the last 4 minutes add the cheese and pepper.
- Pour over cooked pasta. Mix and serve.