This is delicious and can suit lots of different tastes.
Use any topping you like! My partner had ham, capsicum, onion and garlic. I had capsicum, onion, garlic, mushrooms and pineapple. Baby spinach, deseeded diced tomato, olives, sun dried tomato, roasted capsicum etc are all yummy toppings.
I use my Tomato and Bacon Sauce for this recipe for an extra flavour kick.
It’s not a complete tmx made meal but the tmx helped.
- 4 chicken breasts, butterflied
- 1/2 cup chopped toppings of choice for each breast
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup of tomato paste or sauce per breast, see post for my recommendation
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella or cheddar cheese per breast, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place onion and garlic into bowl and blitz on speed 8 for 4-6 secs depending on your preference on texture.
- You can add your other toppings and chop however I prefer to do it by hand.
- Top each chicken breast with sauce and toppings.
- Place into oven proof dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and top with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Time will vary depending on size and thickness of breast.
- Serve with salad.
- You can slice each chicken breast into two for a smaller serve.