These are so easy, tasty and very adaptable to suit different tastes.
This is todays version but you can tweak them to how you like. You can use mince or shredded beef instead.
Vary the filling to include veggies you like such as corn kernals, carrot ribbons, avocado, beans etc.
If you don’t like cheese don’t add it.
You don’t have to bake them if you prefer soft tortillas. I like the crunch of them though when baked.
They are just as yummy hot or cold. When cold they are nice and soft with only a slight crunch. See, very adaptable!
Great to pop into a lunch box. My son has one in his lunch box for tomorrow. He has already gobbled two up tonight much to my surprise.
This recipe is very approximate as it is to taste. I make 7 from this recipe but you can vary the size to get more or less.
Serve with salad. Yummo! I’m impressed with this random creation using up odds and ends in the fridge.
My home made Tortilla recipe can be found here:
- 8 x Tortillas (or more if you use less filling in each one)
- 300g chicken breast, roughly chopped
- 500g hot water
- 20g oil
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 3 tablespoons fajita seasoning, or to taste
- 200g sour cream
- 200g salsa
- 150g cheese, or more if you prefer
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place chicken into rice basket. Put in to place in bowl. Pour over water.
- Cook at steaming temp, speed 3 for 18 minutes or until cooked through.
- Set aside.
- Empty water from bowl.
- Add onion and garlic. Blitz on speed 8 for 5 secs. Scrape down.
- Add oil and seasoning.
- Cook at steaming temperature, speed 2 for 4 minutes or until spices become aromatic.
- Add chicken.
- Shred on reverse, speed 4 for 4-6 seconds.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave for 30 secs to soften them. This makes them easy to work with.
- On a tortilla spread some sour cream, top with salsa then chicken. Add some capsicum and some cheese. Wrap up ensuring there is no gap.
- Place folded edge down on a lined baking tray.
- Repeat for all tortillas.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on the outside.
- Serve with salad.