I’m off to my best friends house tonight for a night of nibbles, food and laughs. For me this is my idea of heaven. This is my first time out since having our gorgeous 9 week old baby so I’m quietly excited!
I am in charge of dessert and naturally it had to be cheesecake. Choc Peppermint Cheesecake it is!
A more cost effective option for the base is using a plain biscuit and 15g cocoa powder.
When using cream cheese without gelatine for cheesecake be sure to buy the full fat version and the non spreadable version otherwise your cheesecake may not set. I find the Philadelphia blocks or Homebrand tubs work best for these no bake cheesecakes.
My other cheesecakes:
- Choc Honeycomb Cheesecake
- Choc Peppermint Cheesecake
- Cookies & Cream Cheesecake
- Double Chocolate Cheesecake
- Jelly Cheesecake
- Mars Bar Cheesecake
- Toblerone Cheesecake
- 250g plain chocolate biscuits, broken up
- 90g cold butter, cubed
- 500g cream cheese blocks, cubed
- 40g thickened cream
- 80g sugar
- 75g after dinner mints or similar peppermint chocolate
- Green food dye
- Peppermint essence
- 100g dark cooking chocolate
- Place after dinner mints into bowl. Turbo three times until broken down. Set aside.
- Into bowl add roughly broken up chocolate biscuits. Blitz on speed 9 until fine.
- Add cold butter. Blitz on speed 8 for 30-45 secs until a soft dough forms. Keep blitzing until the dough forms.
- Press this into a springform tin. I line my tin with baking paper for easy removal. Set aside.
- Wash the bowl out. This isn't essential however. You can just make the filling straight in with the biscuit crumb traces.
- Add cream cheese. Turbo 5 times. Scrape down. Then blitz on speed 9 for 45 secs. Scrape down.
- Add sugar. Blitz on speed 4 for 45 secs. Scrape down.
- Add cream and blitz on speed 4 for 1 minute or until creamy and smooth.
- Add a drop of green colouring. Keep adding one drop at a time to get the desired colour. I used 6 drops. Blitz until combined.
- Add essence a few drops at a time until you get the desired taste and blitz until combined. I used three capfuls to get the flavour.
- Stir through the chopped after dinner mints on speed 4.
- Pour mixture on the biscuit base.
- Melt the chocolate at 50 degrees on speed 3 for 2 minutes or until melted. Place into piping bag and drizzle over the top of the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate for 6-8 hours but overnight ideally.
- Use a warm knife to cut cheesecake (run it under hot water).
- A more cost effective option for the base is using a plain biscuit and 15g cocoa powder.
- When using cream cheese without gelatine for cheesecake be sure to buy the full fat version and the non spreadable version otherwise your cheesecake may not set. I find the Philadelphia blocks or Homebrand tubs work best for these no bake cheesecakes.