I’m currently working on a few different “mixes” for Christmas hampers, things people only need to add water or milk to to create a dessert, drink, cake, pudding, biscuit etc. This is one of them. Why buy store bought drinking chocolate powder etc when you can make it!?
This is a drinking chocolate for cold milk. You can use this hot but I like my hot chocolates nice and creamy so I have another two recipes to show you for a hot chocolate powder for both white and milk chocolate hot chocolates!
- 220g of sugar, white or raw
- 60g good quality cocoa powder
- 1/2 teas salt
- Place everything into bowl and mill on speed 10 for 15 secs. Scrape down and mill again for 30 seconds. You want it to be a very fine powder so it dissolves easily in cold milk.
- Store in airtight container. This will last 6+ months in the pantry.
- I use 2 teas to 300mls of milk
- I found mixing the chocolate powder and milk in the tmx gave the best result and mixed it well. If mixing with a spoon you will find that some will sit on the top and not dissolve completely, similar to Milo.
- Rapadura and cocao can be substituted. You may need a little extra sugar to combat the bitterness of cocao compared to cocoa.