Homemade donuts are surprisingly easy and much healthier than most store bought ones.
These are delicious on their own or with a little raspberry jam and whipped cream in the middle. Not good for the hips but delicious for the taste buds. At least they aren’t deep fried I guess?
These are a good addition to the lunchbox. I give them as is without the cinnamon sugar coating.
I used a donut machine for these but you can also use a donut style tin and bake in the oven.
Love this recipe? Subscribe to the TRTLMT daily newsletter and never miss a newly posted recipe just as great as this one! Or join up to our monthly one for all the latest TRTLMT news. Subscribe to my newsletter here.
- 130g melted butter
- 250g self raising flour
- 70g sugar, or less if preferred
- 160g milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teas Vanilla bean paste
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 30g melted butter extra, set aside
- 50g sugar
- 3 teas cinnamon or to taste
- Place 130g of butter into bowl.
- Melt on 50 degrees for 4 minutes, speed 2.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Blitz on speed 4 for 30 seconds until well combined. Scrape down and blitz again briefly if needed.
- Pipe mixture into the machine or tin. I find this much easier than spooning in.
- The machine takes 5-8 minutes to cook but an oven would be around 15 -18 minutes at 180 degrees. This depends on the size of the tin of course.
- On a plate combine the cinnamon and sugar. Mix well.
- Once donuts are cooked lightly brush each one with butter and roll in the cinnamon sugar.
- This makes 18 small donuts.