Originally posted to our Facebook page 21st November 2013.
Another one to add to my Christmas goodies list. Have you seen my note on Christmas gift ideas?
I used this link and tweaked ever so slightly. I didn’t check the weighs as I went so it is using cups rather than grams.
- Peel of one lime
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 220 grams good quality white cooking chocolate, broken up into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Blitz lime rind in the bowl on speed 8 until fine. Scrape down.
- Add coconut cream and 3/4 cup of the coconut to the bowl.
- Cook at 80 degrees on speed 3 until simmering.
- Add chocolate and mix on speed 3. Remove as soon as it has melted.
- Let cool slightly.
- Add butter and blitz on speed 4 to combine.
- I had to refrigerate for about 4 hours.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and roll in the remaining coconut.
- This can be frozen for up to 3 weeks. They keep in the fridge for a week.