Originally posted to our Facebook page 16th November 2013.
Another Christmas gift idea.
I’m a sucker for cookies and cream anything!!!
You can put these into moulds or break into shards and place into a jar or gift box.
Cookies & Cream Chocolates
- 400g good quality white cooking chocolate buds or melts
- 10g coconut oil, optional
- 50g Oreo or similar cookies
- Place cookies into bowl. Turbo 4 times. They can be coarser or finer to taste. Set aside.
- Place chocolate and coconut oil into bowl.
- Melt at 50 degrees, speed 3 for 3 minutes or until melted and lump free. Time varies on the type of your chocolate.
- Add crushed oreos.
- Mix until just combined.
- Pour into moulds or on a baking paper lined tray and smooth out with a spatula
- If using moulds give them a gentle tap on the bench to remove air bubbles.
- Place into refrigerator to set.
- Coconut oil is not essential. I just find it gives the chocolate a better consistency and melts without fail due to that little bit of added fat to the mix.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/