Curried Mince and Rice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 10g coconut oil
- 1 - 2 tabs curry powder or paste (or to taste)
- 1 head of broccoli, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 medium sized sweet potato, roughly chopped
- 400g mince
- 2 tabs tomato paste
- 2 tabs worcestershire sauce
- 1 tabs of veggie stock concentrate
- 1 mc water
- 400g tinned tomatoes
- 50g frozen corn
- 50g frozen peas
- 400g basmati rice
- Place garlic and onion in bowl and blitz on speed 8 for 5 seconds. Scrape down.
- Add coconut oil and curry powder.
- Cook on steaming temperature on speed 2 for 4 minutes.
- Add veggies (except peas and corn) and chop until fine.
- Add mince and cook at steaming temperature on reverse, speed 2 for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients (excluding peas, corn and rice).
- Cook at steaming temperature on reverse, speed 2 for 10 minutes. In the last 2 mins add the peas and corn.
- Pour into thermoserver.
- Wash bowl out.
- Place rice in basket. Rinse well. Make sure the rice is wet.
- Place basket into bowl. Pour over 800g water.
- Cook at steaming temperature temp, speed 2 for 20 minutes.
- Serve mince on top of rice.
- The flavour of the mince really depends on the curry powder/paste you use as well as your veggie stock concentrate. Add more or less to taste. Mine are somewhat mild for the kiddies.
- Those with a Thermomix will know their steaming temperature as Varoma temperature. Other machines will know it as the steaming or ST temperature.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/