Ok so it isn’t glitter as such but these are a great cheap sprinkle alternative for cupcakes! These are so expensive in the shop. I noticed a small tube was close to $5 yesterday so decided to make my own. Too easy!
I’m sure this would work with other healthier sugar varieties.
A great inexpensive sprinkle for cupcakes and cakes.
- 50g sugar for each color you want to do
- Liquid food colouring
- Muffin tin lined with party cases or silicone cups
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
- Place sugar into bowl. Add 2-3 drops of food colouring.
- Blitz on speed 3 for 10 secs.
- Pour into patty cases.
- Repeat for however many colors you would like.
- Place into oven for 10 minutes.
- This will become hard.
- Pop back into the bowl and blitz on speed 3 for 20-30 seconds.
- Let cool and then pop into jars.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/