Last night I posted my Freezer Biscuit Dough Balls and thought Id continue with that theme tonight.
I often make a batch of muffin mix and freeze it in its case before cooking. Why? Because fresh hot muffins are delicious, especially when people pop over unannounced. By doing this you can pull out a few muffins from the freezer, bake for 15-18 minutes and have a delicious hot batch of muffins ready to go.
I have a chocolate choc chip version below. You can omit the cocoa and choc chips and put in other flavours you like.
Just combine ingredients in a large bowl using a spoon. Mix until only just combined.
- 300g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 90g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 200g milk
- 80g butter, melted
- 40g cooca powder
- 100g choc chips, and extra fro sprinkling on top
- Line two muffin trays with muffin cases.
- Place all ingredients into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 4 until just combined. Do not over work your batter.
- Fill muffin cases 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle a few choc chips on top.
- Freeze for 2 hours.
- Place into freezer safe bags or containers.
- You can freeze for up to 3 months.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place desired amount of muffins into a tray (yes, straight from the freezer)
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Don't have a tmx? Just combine ingredients in a large bowl using a spoon. Mix until only just combined.