I experimented with this muesli slice the other day and it has been a massive hit here with the kiddies and my partner.
It is fruitless however you can certainly add fruit or nuts to it. Its very adaptable.
I chop the slice up into bar shapes and wrap in baking paper. You could use cling wrap or zip lock bags. It is a softer muesli bar at room temp but still holds it shape well. If you wanted a crunchier and firmer bar, simply bake in a 180 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until golden. Be sure not to burn it.
My sons and partner take these in their lunchboxes regularly and love them!
Other muesli bars and bites:
- 100g butter, cubed
- 90g brown sugar
- 85g honey
- 2 teas vanilla bean paste
- 200g oats
- 40g rice bubbles or similar
- 40g dessicated or shredded coconut
- 20g pepitas
- 15g chia seeds
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 10g flaxseed meal
- Place butter, honey, sugar and vanilla into the bowl.
- Cook at 100 degrees for 3.5mins, speed 2.
- Once melted add remaining ingredients.
- Mix on speed 2 until just combined.
- Press into a tin that has been lined with baking paper and let cool in the fridge for an hour or more.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week.