This turned out great!
Mine is a bit thicker than normal pide so next time I’ll roll it thinner and make two from the dough. Ill use half the filling on each one.
If you find the dough a little sticky add more flour. This will be sticker than regular dough.
You can vary the fillings to suit your tastes. For this recipe you will need one batch of shredded garlic beef.
- 470g plain flour
- 320ml water
- 3 teaspoons of yeast
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 batch of shredded garlic beef
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 100g grated cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Sesame seeds (nigella seeds would be delicious)
- Place water, yeast and sugar into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 5 for 5 seconds.
- Add flour and salt.
- Knead for 6 minutes.
- Place into oiled bowl and leave in a warm spot to rise for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Once risen, roll dough out into a rectangle.
- Top the middle section with spinach, onion, beef and cheese.
- Bring in ends and bring sides together. Press the whole pide firmly to seal ends.
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with seeds.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden.
- Serves 4-6 with sides.