When camping by the sea, one of the most common foods available are prawns. There are so many ways to flavour them for a very simple and quick meal.
These are so quick and easy to whip up that they make for a great summer time meal. Simply grill on the BBQ and serve with a simple salad. These garlic prawns will become your next favourite prawn dish!
Tell me more about this issue
Ever wondered about the best recipes to cook when travelling with your mixer? Or perhaps you prefer to leave your mixer at home, but prepare ahead of time. Either way, strap yourself in and get ready to eat well when you are next on the road. With The On The Road Issue we will help you eat like a king, even when you are on the road!
Want to know more about The On The Road Issue?
- Create your own Travel Snacks – tasty treats you can make ahead of time and take along for the ride. Choc Pop Biscuits are going to be a hit!
- Get Breakfast on the Road and start the day right when you are travelling. The Cherry Tomato Chorizo Omelette is delicious.
- If all you have is your mixer, our All in One Meals are for you. Cowboy Chicken and Bean Stew will be a new family favourite.
- Make once, eat twice with our Clever Leftovers. Simple leftover ideas from your main meal, like yummy Chilli Chicken Quesadillas!
- Fresh and delicious meals, straight From the Hot Plate! Fire Roasted Salmon with Herbs and Lemon is so good.
- Freshly baked from The Camp Oven is the BEST. Make your own Bread Rolls on the road, and more!
- If you are Camping By the Sea you can have spectacular seafood. Spaghetti Marinara is a meal the whole family will love.
- Sweet tooth? You will be satisfied with our Camping Desserts. The Giant Choc Chip Cookie will be enjoyed by everyone!
Want to try before you buy? Apple users can tap preview to download an introduction to The On the Road Issue, including a full contents and two bonus recipes.
Love what you see? Tap the big yellow Subscribe button to get the latest issue and each new issue as it is released every month, along with all the subscriber-only bonus issues.
A monthly subscription is only $5.99, or you can choose a 6 month subscription for $29.99 (auto-renewable after the month / 6 month period). This gives you access to the latest issue, all subscriber-only Private issues and any issues released while your subscription is current. To purchase an individual issue is only $6.99. You can unsubscribe at any time. Instructions available: www.the4blades.com/unsubscribe
(Note: prices listed are in Australian dollars, but you will be charged the equivalent in your local currency)
- 1kg prawns, tails removed and deveined
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 small mild chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juice and zest only
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 100g olive oil
- lemon or lime wedges, to serve
- Add the garlic cloves (6), parsley (2 Tbsp), chilli (1), lime zest (from 1 lime), salt (pinch), pepper (pinch) and oil (100g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 9 / 6 seconds.
- Add prawns (1kg) to a large marinating dish. Add dressing over the top.
- Marinate for 2+ hours. Keep the zested lime for later in the recipe.
- Turn BBQ or grill plate on high. Place prawns on the grill and drizzle with lime juice (from 1 lime). Cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until cooked through and orange in colour.
- Serve with lots of fresh lime wedges and aioli, if desired.