Chocolate Crackles are a very popular treat that I’m sure almost everyone has tried at some point. I am not a huge fan of Copha or the taste and oily feeling it leaves so I thought I’d get experimenting with some coconut oil to make these a tastier, healthier version.
Because they are made without the Copha these will fall apart in hot climates so best to keep these in the fridge until serving. These will last in a cool lunchbox.
If you want to make with the Copha instead of coconut oil use 200g Copha.
My kiddies cant get enough of these and have great fun making them with little help from mum.
- 70g coconut oil
- 40g maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 40g cocoa or 30g cocao
- 40g shredded coconut
- 100g rice puffs
- Place coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla into bowl.
- 4 minutes/100 degrees/Speed 2 to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl.
- 5 seconds/reverse/speed 4 to just combine.
- Place a spoonful of mixture into small patty cases.
- Refrigerate until set.
- If you don't have a tmx, simply melt the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla in the microwave or saucepan over medium heat on the stove. Follow remaining steps.