I ran out of poppy seeds so decided to use chia seeds instead. They worked a treat!
You can freeze these muffins for lunchboxes or for another day.
Lemon and Chia Muffins
- 80g butter, cubed
- 180g sugar
- 1 teas vanilla bean paste/essence/extract
- 370g self raising flour
- 1 egg
- 320ml milk
- Zest from one lemon
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or poppyseeds
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees. Place patty cases into a muffin tin. This will make 12.
- Place butter into bowl. Blitz on speed 5 for 2 minutes. Scrape down.
- Add sugar and vanilla to bowl. Blitz on speed 5 until pale. Scrape down.
- Add remaining ingredients. Blitz on speed 5 until just combined. Do not over mix the batter.
- Pour into patty cases. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden on top.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/