I have lots of passionfruit and mango to use up so have been experimenting.
I think Ive just mastered a homemade “crush” that tastes pretty similar to my favourite store bought version. Perfect for summer entertaining.
Mango Passionfruit Crush
- 1 mango, peeled deseeded and chopped
- Pulp of 3 Passionfruit
- 250mls tropical juice, more or less to taste
- 400g ice cubes, more or less to taste
- 30g sugar
- Place sugar into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 9 for 30 secs.
- Add 150g of ice.
- Blitz on speed 9 until fine.
- Add fruit and remaining ice.
- Blitz on speed 9 until a sorbet forms.
- Use your spatula to help incorporate everything and remove any air bubbles.
- Once done, turn speed down to 4 and slowly add juice.
- You may need more or less depending on your tastes. I like mine to be drunk with a straw so like it a little less thick. If its too thick for your tastes just thin with a little more juice.
- If you want it thicker use less juice or add more ice and blitz.
- I find fresh juice bought from the chiller section of the supermarket much better to use rather than long life juice. There is so much more flavour. Tastes fresher. Better yet, make your own tmx juice!
- I prefer to make the sorbet first and the add the juice in so I can control the consistency. I'm sure chucking it all in together would work too.
- You could add a little mango nectar too for an intense mango flavour.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/