These are very similar to LCM bars you buy in store but a billion times cheaper.
A week or two ago I shared my little scrapbooks with you that had cut outs of recipes from many years ago. This one came from “Thats Life” magazine I think from about 8+ years ago and was submitted by Sommer Matthies. I have just converted it to the Thermomix and tweaked ever so slightly.
There are lots of recipes out there for these both using marshmallows and not. You cant beat the marshmellowy taste and goodness so thats what I use. They also keep their shape well at room temperature. So a little piece will last in the lunchbox.
This was the recipe my mum used so I’m sticking with it. The original recipe calls for 125g butter however I reduce it to 100g. You can drizzle white chocolate over the top, add choc chips or sprinkles over the top but I find they are sweet enough as is.
Marshmallow Bubble Bars
- 150g rice bubbles or puffed white/brown rice
- 250g marshmallows, I used pink and white
- 100g butter, cubed
- Place marshmallows and butter into the tmx.
- Cook at 80 degrees, speed 3 for 5 minutes. If they haven't melted and combined cook for another few minutes.
- Add rice bubbles.
- Mix on reverse, speed 2 until just combined. This will take only a few seconds. Keep an eye on it.
- Place into a lined tin.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Cut into squares.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/