This is one is a favourite in our house. It is easy, made of basic ingredients. This is always a hit in our house for both the kiddies and for me! They love it and eat seconds and I get to spend minimal time in the kitchen cooking. Win win!
Tell me more about this issue
We are going back to basics in The Classics Issue, with classic recipes you and your family will know and love.
Want to know more about The Classics Issue?
- You will learn to create 5 deliciously hearty vegetarian soups that will keep you warm all year round, like traditional French Onion Soup.
- Take a trip back to your childhood, with old time favourites such as Tuna Mornay and Porcupine Meatballs that the whole family will love.
- Warm your heart with our classic comforts, including pies, pasta, casserole and quiche.
- We will help you turn classic cuts of meat into perfect meals, such as Beef Brisket and Lamb Cutlets.
- Gluten free? We tweak some classic desserts to suit you! Sponge cake, anyone?
- Our selection of sweet bites and classic desserts will have your mouth watering! Favourites like Choc Chip Cookies and Old Fashioned Rice Pudding will be popular!
- Easily create delicious preserves with your thermo mixer, like Lime Curd and Roast Capsicum Relish.
A monthly subscription is only $5.99, or you can choose a 6 month subscription for $29.99. This gives you access to the latest issue, all subscriber-only Private issues and any issues released while your subscription is current. To purchase an individual issue is only $6.99.
- 300g macaroni pasta
- 6 slices shortcut bacon, fat removed and diced
- 120g grated cheddar or tasty cheese
- Cheese sauce
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 600g milk
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbps dried parsley flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 100g grated strong cheddar or tasty cheese
- 100g grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cook the macaroni according to packet directions in a large saucepan. Once cooked, drain and set aside in the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, place the butter (50g), flour (50g), milk (600g), mustard powder (1 tsp), onion flakes (1 Tbsp), garlic powder (1 tsp), parsley flakes (1/2 Tbsp) into bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 8 minutes / 90C / Speed 4.
- Once the sauce is cooked, combine it with the drained pasta, cheddar cheese (100g) and parmesan cheese (100g) in the saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Pour into casserole dish, top with cheese (120g) and diced bacon (6 slices diced).
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is golden.