This is one is a favourite in our house. It is easy, made of basic ingredients. This is always a hit in our house for both the kiddies and for me! They love it and eat seconds and I get to spend minimal time in the kitchen cooking. Win win!
This can be frozen.
- 300g macaroni pasta
- 6 slices shortcut bacon, fat removed and diced
- 120g grated cheddar or tasty cheese
- Cheese sauce
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 600g milk
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbps dried parsley flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 100g grated strong cheddar or tasty cheese
- 100g grated parmesan cheese
Then mix like this
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cook the macaroni according to packet directions in a large saucepan. Once cooked, drain and set aside in the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, place the butter (50g), flour (50g), milk (600g), mustard powder (1 tsp), onion flakes (1 Tbsp), garlic powder (1 tsp), parsley flakes (1/2 Tbsp) into bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 8 minutes / 90C / Speed 4.
- Once the sauce is cooked, combine it with the drained pasta, cheddar cheese (100g) and parmesan cheese (100g) in the saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Pour into casserole dish, top with cheese (120g) and diced bacon (6 slices diced).
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
Please do not copy or share my recipes in full elsewhere. Please share the recipe URL instead. Before commencing any recipe, please be sure to read and adhere to the user guides and safety manuals of your thermo mixer and/or other appliances used. Each appliance differs; therefore, the recipes and methods are to be used as guides only. Exercise caution and common sense in the kitchen at all times.