My five year old loves peanut butter. I think he loves it more than he loves me sometimes!
I have been eager to make my own in the tmx and today was the perfect opportunity. He loved it! “It’s a 1000 billion times better than the jar one mum” was his response. Now, I’ve tasted it and I can say someone was exaggerating!!! Haha. I’ll be honest, the store bought is nicer but the kiddies both loved this version so I’m going to keep making it. Plus its much healthier and I know what is in it. No more store bought for us for the time being.
It only lasts for 2-3 weeks so I’m only going to make one batch at a time. Store this in the fridge. The coconut oil and honey help keep it spreadable. This makes approximately a cup of spread.
For more jams and spreads see:
- Strawberry and Vanilla Bean Jam
- Sugar Free Wild Berry and Chia Jam
- Thick Set Raspberry Jam:
- My take on Peanut Spread (not suitable for nut free schools)
- Mixed Berry Jam
- 250g roasted unsalted nuts
- 20g coconut oil
- 10g honey, optional
- Sprinkle of salt
- Place peanuts and salt into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 9 until fine.
- Scrape down.
- Add coconut oil and honey.
- Blitz on speed 8 for 20 seconds. Scrape down. Repeat.
- Place into jar and into refrigerator.
- If you want it "wetter" add more oil or honey.
- If its crumbly blitz for longer for a smoother consistency. The longer you process teh smoother it will get.