Oh my goodness these are my most favourite thing to make at the moment. These are my “cant be bothered to make potato bake or salad so this is the next best thing” cheat meal. We served these on Boxing Day along with salad, ham and chicken. Was so delicious and easy.
We eat these as a side or as a main. They are as filling as you make them. Below I have included a list of topping ideas. The list is endless.
- Bacon, cheese, spring onions, sour cream
- Bolognese and cheese
- Baked beans and cheese
- Pulled pork and cheese
- Mexican mince, salsa, sour cream and cheese
- Shredded chicken
- Shredded garlic beef, capsicum, onion and cheese
- Tuna Mornay
- 4 medium to large potatoes (really large potatoes will require much longer cooking)
- Hot water
- Toppings of choice
- Cut each potato into quarters almost the whole way through.
- Wrap in aluminum foil losely. If you wrap too toghtly they will take longer to cook.
- Fill bowl with hot water to fill line.
- Place potatoes into steaming attachment.
- Cook on steaming temperature, speed 4 for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes, turn potatoes over.
- Top bowl up more hot water if required.
- Cook for up to an additional 30 minutes on speed 4, steaming temperature until very soft. There is nothing worse than crunchy potatoes.
- Top with toppings of choice and serve.
- If you do not have a tmx, you can bake the potatoes in your oven for 1 hour at 200 degrees instead of steaming.