Last night I had a demo of the new TM5. I love demos. Who doesn’t love someone else cooking delicious food for them? No one makes dip or soup like my amazing consultant Peggy!
I needed some crackers to go alongside the dip and created this Olive Oil Crackers recipe. I’ve made a few batches and they are so easy and delicious.
I love these because you only need a handful of ingredients that are commonly found in most kitchens. You can also produce a batch of these in under 30 minutes which I love. Oh and did I mention they are so much cheaper to make yourself than buy? These type of crackers are considered “gourmet” in the supermarket and cost a fortune for a small box.
If you have 30 minutes, make your own. They are fun especially for the kiddies and its fun to watch them pop up during cooking! Similar to Tortillas.
These are designed to ho alongside cheese and dip. They are a blander flavour because of this. You can certainly tweak the flavours of these.
I love Herbamare at the moment as its adds such a great flavour to food. You can however use regular salt or salt of choice.
If you have flavoured oils like ones from Your Inspiration At Home, they would be fantastic used in crackers like these. It would give a nice subtle flavour to the cracker.
My other cracker recipes:
- Cheese and Bacon Crackers
- Cheesy Herb Crackers
- Rosemary Garlic Crackers
- Sour cream and Chive Crackers
- Wheat Free Cheese Biscuits
A food processor works just as well. You can use your hands to knead the dough.
- 330g bakers flour, or plain flour
- 120g warm water
- 60g olive oil, a flavoured one would be fantastic
- 1 teaspoon Herbamare salt or salt of choice
- 1 egg, beaten
- Extra Herbamare for sprinkling over the top, optional
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line to baking trays.
- Place flour, water, olive oil and salt into bowl.
- Knead for 2 minutes. It will look like little pebbles.
- Remove from bowl and knead with your hand to form a smooth ball of dough.
- Divide into two balls.
- Roll one ball out on the baking mat or tray you will be baking on.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle. Roll very thinly. The thinner it is rolled, the crispier the cracker will be.
- Using a pizza wheel or spatula, cut the dough horizontally and vertically to make square or rectangle crackers.
- Repeat for second ball of dough on the other tray.
- Brush with egg lightly and sprinkle with a little extra Herbamare of desired.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, you may need to bake for a little longer to cook the middle crackers. Just take out the cooked ones out and let the middle crackers cook a few minutes extra.
- Place onto a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
This post contains affiliate links. I have affiliate relationships with some businesses. This means that I receive a small percentage of sales made through these links from the business. I receive nothing from you just clicking on them. These do not cost or affect you or your purchase. I use this money to help with the costs involved with running my website. More can be found on my Disclosure page.