I had some oranges to use up so thought I’d try this recipe with some of the zest I had leftover after juicing them. It’s extremely quick to make and they taste great. Very summery.
I baked half of the dough today and froze the second half for a rainy day or when I need an emergency snack for lunch boxes or visitors.
This recipe was inspiration for my version of cookies.
Orange and Honey Cookies
- Peel from ¼ - ½ orange depending on taste
- 60g sugar
- 160g honey
- 50g butter, cubed
- 1 teas vanilla bean paste
- 500g self raising flour
- 1 ½ mc of water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place peel into bowl. Blitz on speed 7 for 5 seconds. Scrape down the side and blitz again on speed 7 for 5 seconds.
- Add butter, sugar, honey and vanilla.
- Blitz on speed 4 for 20 seconds.
- Add flour and water.
- Blitz on speed 7 for 10 seconds.
- Lock lid and use interval speed for 30 seconds.
- Roll dough into small balls and place on baking tray. Flatten slightly with fingers.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Don't forget to make use of leftover orange peel after juicing etc. Place peel (minus pith) into the Thermomix, speed 7 until fine. Freeze in a ziplock bag for later use.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/