My kiddies love pancakes and pikelets.
We have them every now and again for breakfast or morning/afternoon tea but what I really love these for are the lunchboxes. I make up a big batch every few weeks and freeze. I freeze individually or I sandwich two together with a little honey or jam and then pop into the freezer. They thaw well by morning tea time.
My other recipes:
- Banana Honey Pikelets
- Cinnamon Oat Pancakes
- Cinnamon Scroll Pancakes
- Nutella Pancakes
- Oven Pancake Bites with Honey and Cinnamon
- Pancake Dippers
If you do not have a tmx or similar and want to make these, simply combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and combine with a wooden spoon.
- 340g self raising flour
- 50g sugar
- 400mls buttermilk or milk of choice, see note below
- 20g butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Juice and zest of two oranges
- Place everything into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 4 for 10 seconds. Stop at the 5 second mark to scrape down the sides.
- Pour small spoonfuls of the batter into a frying pan on medium heat. I do three at a time. I use a tiny bit of butter to grease my pan.
- Once bubbles appear on the pikelet, flip over and cook for 30 seconds.
- Store in an airtight container for two days or freeze.
- If your oranges are large and juicy reduce the milk to 350g.
- If your batter is too thick to work with thin with some milk.