I can’t take a decent picture of sausage rolls to save myself. I wish this photo showed how delicious these were. I had to take it quickly before little fingers snatched them away.
The parmesan adds a different twist on my original Chicken and Vegetable Sausage Rolls.
This makes 48 sausage rolls. Trust me when I say they don’t last long! You’ll gobble up 48 before you know it! You can freeze these before of after cooking for a quick and easy dinner midweek.
These are good for children parties or in the lunchbox.
Parmesan Chicken Sausage Roll
- 2 large chicken breasts, chopped into chunks
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped
- 1/2 large green capsicum, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable stock concentrate, or to taste
- 50-75g parmesan cheese, weight depends on the intensity of flavour
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 4 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place everything except chicken, pastry and stock into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 7 for 4-5 secs or until desired consistency is achieved. You want some consistency to the vegetables.
- Add chicken and stock. Blitz on speed 7 for 5 secs. You want a nice smooth mixture without large chunks. It will be a slightly wet mixture.
- Layer chicken mix on puff pastry. I get two long rolls out of each sheet and cut into a total of twelve rolls. I get 48 rolls in total with this recipe.
- Brush with egg and top with sesame seeds/poppy seeds/herbs etc of choice. I topped half with chia seeds and half plain.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/