Originally posted to our Facebook page 23rd November 2013.
Ok so my presentation and photography skills are pitiful but these look impressive don’t you think?
They are so incredibly easy. I’ve given you a recipe for the outer shell, however you can change it to suit your own tastes or you can use a packet of crushed plain biscuits and 90g butter without needing to bake it.
I used my Passionfruit and Vanilla Curd for these.
- 1/2 batch of EDC custard
- 1/2 cup of Passionfruit curd (see link below)
- 140g plain flour
- 70g brown sugar
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 120g butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Lightly grease a mini muffin tray.
- Place all outer shell ingredients into tmx bowl.
- Blitz on speed 5 for 30 seconds or until a dough forms. Sometimes it takes slightly longer depending on butter temperature.
- Press dough into each muffin hole. It only needs to be a few millimeters in thickness.
- Bake until just lightly brown.
- You may need to use a spoon just to push the dough back into shape if it puffs up during baking. I only had to with one or two shells.
- Rest for 10 minutes then remove shells from tin and cool on a cake rack.
- Top with piped custard and a spoonful of passionfruit curd.
- You can place the curd in first and then top with custard if you prefer. I have shown it both ways.