Originally posted on our Facebook Page21st November, 2013.
I have always wanted to make curd and last night thought Id give it a whirl. I looked up a few different recipes and created this to suit our tastes. The EDC has lemon and lime curd recipes also.
Passionfruit and Vanilla Curd
- 100g fresh or tinned passionfruit pulp
- 5g vanilla bean paste, less if you dont want a strong vanilla flavour
- 10g lemon juice
- 55g sugar
- 80g butter
- 2 eggs
- Place all ingredients into bowl.
- Insert whisk attachment.
- Cook on 80 degrees for 9 mins on speed 3.
- It should coat the back of a spoon nicely once done. If it doesn't, cook for a further 4-5 mins.
- You may know your whisk attachment as the "butterfly attachment".
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/