An easy but delicious lunch here today!
These are like my pizza pockets but a bite size, pull apart version. GREAT for the kiddies and especially for parties or lunchboxes.
Simply roll out small balls of pizza dough of choice. I use the below recipe of mine. This is plenty for 32 pizza pops. You can halve it if you prefer if you want a tray of 16 as shown in the photo.
- 220g lukewarm water
- 375g bakers flour
- 1.5 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Add the ingredients in this order: water, oil, yeast, flour, salt.
- Blitz on speed 7 for 10 seconds to roughly combine.
- Knead for 6 mins.
- Remove dough and place into a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with cling film and place into a warm spot. I use the front seat of my car or a warmed oven.
- Leave this to rise for approximately an hour or until doubled.
- Remove dough from bowl, knock out the air by shaping your dough into pizza bases.
- Allow to rise for another 30 minutes, ensuring it is covered with some cling film or bread mat or top immediately and bake.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
Pop a little filling on the flattened out ball of dough, roll up into a ball by dragging the edges towards the centre and press the ends together. Place together, end side down and close together on a tray. Brush with milk or egg. Bake at 180 degrees for about 20-30 minutes. If preferred you can place them into a square cake tin to bake.
These can be frozen. I keep them in the freezer and then pop one into the lunchbox in the morning. It thaws by lunch time. They are delicious served warm or cold.
Making my Pizza Pops without a thermo mixer is easy! Simply use your hands to combine the dough ingredients and form a smooth dough. You will knead it for about 5- 8 minutes. It’s a great workout for those arms! Allow the dough to rise and continue with remaining steps.