Playdough is a hit in this house. I don’t have time to cook and cool Playdough so we stick to the non cooked variety. Once left to sit for 15 minutes or played with it quickly resembles a very similar consistency to the conked variety.
This is a favourite here – colored and scented!!! There is something extra fun about scented Playdough! Here we have lemon, peppermint, orange, coconut, rose water and plain scented dough. I just use Queen essences available at any grocery store however specialty cake stores have a huge range of essences and oils available. You would easily be able to find a scent for every color of the rainbow.
This makes a nice alternative to chocolate gifts this Easter!
Something a little different to ordinary playdough!
- 400g flour, you may need a little extra
- 220g fine salt
- 250g water
- 30g oil
- Colouring of choice
- Essence or oil of choice for each colour
- Rubber gloves
- Add everything to the bowl.
- Blitz on speed 7 until just combined.
- Lock lid. Knead for two minutes.
- Remove dough from bowl and divide into 6 balls.
- You can use your machine to knead the colours through but I use my hands for this step. If using the machine, keep in mind color transfer from ball to ball. You may need to do a quick rinse and dry between each one.
- Place gloves on and place a little of the coloring and essence onto the ball of dough. Work through with hands until incorporated. I find placing the colouring directly on the bench and rolling the dough in it then work through with hands tends to be quicker and more even finish.
- Repeat for all balls.
- If you find the coloring and essence have made the dough too wet just add a little extra flour to the dough and knead in. You may find this with weaker scents and needing to add more in.
- Store in a container in the fridge.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/