I had an extra packet of fried noodles leftover from Mr 5 year olds Lion Cake, so Mr 4 year old and I got creative. He decided these three could go to his teacher so we popped them in a bag and delivered them to him at school.
These are a favourite for many. These always remind me of my childhood. I was always so excited when we got these as a treat in the lunchbox.
We made simple chocolate ones (with a little melted chocolate for eyes) but you can add a variety of flavours to them:
- Peanut butter
- Slithered or flaked almonds
- Shredded coconut
- Liquors for the adults
- Pepitas, sunflower and chia seeds
- Use white cholate instead
If you want to make these without a tmx or similar simply melt your chocolate in a microwave safe container, add noodles and mix.
- 200g chocolate chips of choice
- 100 packet of fried noodles
- 1 tablespoon each of melted white and dark chocolate for eyes, optional
- Place chocolate into bowl.
- Melt at 50 degrees, speed 2 for 2.5 minutes. If it doesn't melt up the temperature to 60 degrees. I find each brand differs slightly.
- Add noodles to bowl.
- Mix on reverse, speed 4 for 5 seconds or until just combined.
- Place small spoonfuls of mix onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Allow to set in the fridge.
- Using the additional melted chocolate pipe eyes onto each spider.
- Allow to set.
- You can purchase candy eyes in some supermarkets and cake shops if preferred.