This has been a big hit! Very easy to make and tastes so fresh and fruity compared to store bought jams. Other fruit such as raspberries, mixed berries or fresh apricots can be used.
For more jams and spreads see:
- Strawberry and Vanilla Bean Jam
- Sugar Free Wild Berry and Chia Jam
- Thick Set Raspberry Jam:
- My take on Peanut Spread (not suitable for nut free schools)
- Mixed Berry Jam
Strawberry and Vanilla Bean Jam
- 500g fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 380g jam setting sugar
- Squeeze of vanilla bean paste, to taste
- Put all of the ingredients in the bowl.
- Cook for 20 mins, speed 2, 100 degrees.
- Then 8 mins, speed 2, steaming temperature.
- If you put more sugar in the thicker it becomes.
- The longer you cook the thicker it becomes.
- I blitzed the strawberries for a few secs before the additional 8 mins as there were still a few very slight chunks. If you like chunky jam put the strawberries in whole.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/