We often get so caught up on having to make things from scratch that we often forget that its ok to use a packet sauce too if you prefer or need a quick meal.
A lot of us still have a few pre mixes and sauces in our pantries still. Use them up in the tmx!
The beauty of these types of dishes is you can vary the sauce and veggies to suit your tastes.
Such an easy all in one meal.
A great all in one meal using a store bought sauce for those nights you need a quick meal.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 6 pieces each
- 400g basmati rice
- 800g water
- 150g Teriyaki Sauce of choice
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 broccoli head, chopped into florets
- Big handful of snow peas
- Peas, to taste
- Corn, to taste
- 2 spring onions sliced, for garnishing
- Place chicken and sauce in bowl, mix on speed 3 until coated and place in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Place chicken pieces on the bottom varoma tray. Scrape as much sauce out of the bowl on to the chicken. Do not wash the bowl out. This will give the rice a yummy flavour.
- Place rice into rice basket. Wash rice thoroughly. Make sure its really wet. Put basket in place in the bowl. Pour over 800g of water.
- Cook at steaming temp for 22 minutes on speed 4.
- In the last 10 minutes place veggies on top steaming attachment tray. Put in to place.
- When done check that the chicken is cooked.
- Remove steaming attachment carefully.
- Remove rice basket and pour the sauce from the bowl into a jug.
- Place the chicken into the bowl. Blitz on reverse, speed 4-5 for 4-6 secs. You want it shredded not paste like.
- In the bottom steaming attachment tray add the rice, cooked veg and shredded chicken. Mix to combine.
- Pour over the sauce that was set aside in the jug.
- Sprinkle with shallots.
- Those with a Thermomix will know their steaming attachment as a Varoma. Other machines will know it as the steamer.
- Those with a Thermomix will know their steaming temperature as Varoma temperature. Other machines will know it as the steaming or ST temperature.