Originally posted to our Facebook Page 15th October 2013.
This is my go to recipe along with shortbread at Christmas time.
They are extremely quick and easy to make and are great for afternoon tea when friends pop over for a coffee. They make great gifts too packaged up.
The great thing about these is you can vary the flavours with the Tim Tams you use. You can use any chocolate biscuit you like however. Mint slices and Turkish Delight biscuits work really well too.
These will last up to 7 days in your fridge. They can be frozen up to 4 weeks.
- 250g block cream cheese, cubed
- 2 x packets Tim Tams of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Choc sprinkles, cocoa, coconut, 100s & 1000s to coat balls in
- Place Tim Tams into bowl.
- Blitz at speed 8 for 15-20 secs. You want the mix to still have some lumps in it for texture.
- Add a squeeze of vanilla and the cream cheese.
- Blitz on speed 6 for about 15-30 secs or until just combined. The time will depend on temperature of cheese. Do not over mix this.
- Roll into balls and roll in coating of choice.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to seven days.
- Vary the biscuits you use. Mint Slices and Turkish Delight biscuits work well.
- These can be frozen for up to four weeks and thawed before serving.
- Do not use a spreadable cream or low fat cheese as it may be too soft to shape.