It’s been many many years since I last made this. The kiddies gobbled it up. It’s just a different take on Tacos.
I use my own homemade taco seasoning – yum!
Serve cut into wedges with salad, salsa and sour cream.
Serves 6 with sides.
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 capsicums, roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini, roughly chopped
- 10g oil
- 3 tabs taco seasoning
- 400g mince
- 400g tinned tomatoes or deseeded fresh tomatoes diced
- 1/2 tabs veggie stock concentrate
- 5 tortillas
- Grated cheese - I use the Mexican cheese blend
- Place all veggies into bowl and blitz on speed 8 until fine.
- Add oil and taco seasoning.
- Cook at steaming temp for 2 minutes.
- Add broken up mince.
- Cook at steaming temp, reverse, speed 2 for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and stock concentrate.
- Cook at steaming temp, reverse, speed 2 for 15 minutes
- In a round casserole dish place two heaped tablespoons of taco meat sauce. Top with tortilla. Place some of the mince mixture on top. Top with tortilla. Do this for all tortillas and finish with a mince layer.
- Top with cheese and bake until golden.
- Serve cut into wedges with salad, salsa and sour cream.
- Those with a Thermomix will know their steaming temperature as Varoma temperature. Other machines will know it as the steaming or ST temperature.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/