Rapadura and cocao works really well however you may need a little extra sugar as cocoa can be a little more bitter than cocoa powder. You can add more chocolate than cocoa if preferred.
Adding mini marshmallows to it makes it great for a gift. Just write a little card with instructions and attach with some ribbon. 2-3 teas of mixture to 250mls of hot milk suits my tastes. Coming in to winter this is a great gift!
- 160g of sugar, white or raw
- 20g vanilla sugar
- 50g good quality cocoa powder
- 60g good quality dark chocolate, broken up
- 1/2 teas salt
- Mini marshmallows, optional to place in the jar with powder
- Place chocolate into bowl. Mill on speed 6 until fine. You dont want this to melt. You just want a fine chocolate powder. Set aside.
- Place remaining ingredients, excluding the chocolate and marshmallows, into the tmx and mill on speed 10 for 15 secs. Scrape down and mill again for 30 seconds. You want it to be a very fine powder.
- Add chocolate to bowl and mix on speed 4 until well combined.
- Store in airtight container. This will last 6+ months in the pantry.
- I top mine with mini marshmallows.