These are a good wheat free savoury biscuits. They are a little dry so I think cheese slices or dip is needed with these.
if you cant have nuts, sunflower or pepitas are a great substitution!
- 180g brown rice
- 85g almonds
- 50g butter, cubed
- 100g grated cheese – tasty, cheddar and/or parmesan work well
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place rice into bowl. Blitz on speed 9 for 2 minutes.
- Add almonds.
- Blitz on speed 9 for 30 secs.
- Add salt, pepper, butter and cheese.
- Blitz on speed 4 for 1.5 minutes of until dough starts to form. It is a crumbly mixture though.
- Empty onto bench and knead it with your hands to form a ball.
- Use hands to flatten it out to desired thickness. I don’t have much success with this dough and a rolling pin. Hands are best.
- Use a small cookie cutter and cut out shape.
- Place on tray.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 or until golden brown.